Thursday, November 4, 2010

As I Sit Here...

Listening to quiet worship music, reading my devotional, flipping back through my inspirational calendar, having my Bible time, I have come across some things that I just must share. If you read this post, you will know why. God is powerful and knows just what we each need, day in and day out.

Calendar

When a mother exudes a sense of peace, and tranquility, her family feels calm. Peacefulness brings healing to a troubled spirit. A peaceful mother is like a medicinal balm. Peace and assurance of Mother's love are necessary ingredients for a happy home. -unknown author

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. -Victor Hugo

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that can be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish one from another. - Reinhold Niebuhr


Devotional

"Why are you troubled?" He asked them. "And why do doubts arise in your hearts? Look at My hands and My feet." -Luke 24:38-39

Christ's willingness to continue drawing us to belief totally astounds me. At no time after appearing to His disciples in resurrected form did he say, "You bunch of idiots! I'm sick of trying to talk you into believing Me!". When the sight of Him wasn't enough, Jesus said, "Look at My hands and My feet.". We ourselves have often seen His hands by way of His constant provision and glorious intervention. We have seen His feet as He's gone before us. Surely we, too, have beheld the hands and feet of Christ with the eyes of faith. May we look again today- and believe!

Beth Moore: Believing God Day by Day


Bible

I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone O Lord, make me dwell in safety. -Psalm 4:8

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of me heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my redeemer. -Psalm 19:14




God moves through this house today. I feel it, I know it, I believe it. I have to finish off with this last thing I read:

Do what is necessary to nurture the spirit of stillness in your life. Don't let the enemy wear you so thin that you lose your balance and perspective. Regular time for stillness is as important and necessary as sleep, exercise, and nutritional food. -Emilie Barnes

How can I be afraid of anything after my quiet time today? He is working hard on me, and I am thankful. With time, I think healing will come and Christ will flow from me. Each day I am going to devote two blocks of time for stillness. One for me and my children together and another for myself. I encourage you to do the same. We are all busy, but may we never be to busy to simply be still and listen to God.

Continue to pray for me friends. Today the battle is going well, but I still have so far to go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I won't stop praying, dear friend. I emailed this verse to my hubs this morning, but I think it's for you too:

Isaiah 43:2 (NLT) "When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you."

Unknown said...

"He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” - Psalm 46:10

Very encouraging post!