2 cups of flour (I used 1 cup of all purpose and 1 cup of whole wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. flax seed meal
1 cup water
1/2 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. honey
3/4 cup carob chips
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin (will make 12 muffins!)
- Scoop into tin (about 3/4 way full)
- Cook for 18 to 20 minuets. Check them with a tooth pick or a knife to see if they are done.
- Cool and enjoy!
They are very tasty! They don't taste exactly like chocolate chip muffin (it is hard to explain!) but they are so good! Lula Mae loves them :-) and so do I! So healthy and very filling! You can play around with the recipe too. If you don't want to add sugar, don't. Try adding a little more honey instead! I actually adapted the recipe I use for Apple Raisin Cinnamon Muffins. It is a recipe from my friend Sarah at Clay In His Hands. They are fantastic too! So, if you are looking for a sweet treat with better health benefits than chocolate, you should try these muffins!