Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Encouraged


I have been reading the Bible during Lula Mae's nap everyday since January 1st. I have to say that it is hard work. I am using a system called The Daily Bible Reading Plan that I got off of Sarah's blog, Clay In His Hands. This system has helped me stick to reading the Bible and I am so happy and thankful for that! I have tried probably 10 times to "read" the Bible, starting at the beginning and trucking through... but I have failed each time. I know that once Jayce gets here it may be harder to get my time alone to read, but I am committed to doing this! For one thing, to be a good Mommy you have to make time for yourself. "If I can't take care of me, how can I take care of my children and husband?", this is what I have to tell myself every day when I think I am too busy for me time. That is one of my resolutions this year, and I know I can do it! I love that part of my me time is my Bible time. It is helping me keep focused and keeping me on track with EVERYTHING in my life. God is doing amazing things for me and I feel blessed every day! When Lula Mae gets up from her nap I tell her about what I read. Before I know it she will be "school aged" and we will be working on her very own Bible study as part of her homeschooling curriculum. I am grateful that God is helping me get through the Bible now so that when I am teaching Lula Mae I will understand what I am teaching. I feel so encouraged!

No comments: