Bell House Rules1. Listen and obey Mommy and Daddy, and other adults
2. Play nicely, share and treat others the way you want to be treated.
3. Keep your things neat and clean.
4. Be helpful to others. Always be joyful about serving others.
5. Always use your manners and be respectful of others and their belongings.
6. Never argue, complain, or blame. Do all things with a smile on your face and joy in your heart.
7. Never hit, kick, throw, bite, yell, whine or fight. Always try to be like Christ.
8. Ask God to help you follow His rules and our family rules every day.
Always practice JOY… Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last.
Originally I wanted to keep it to 5 rules. That was impossible. I just couldn't get all of that in 5 rules. So we have 8. We actually have more, but I consider those "guidelines". We will keep our rules posted in the playroom for all to see. I will also be posting a bible verse with each of them (maybe not #3.... unless someone can find me a verse about being clean! That would be fabulous!). Our "guidelines will be printed out and framed. They will probably be hung in the living room or kitchen area, somewhere that we will all see them daily.
What do you think about our rules? Do you and your family have rules? Are they posted? How do you enforce them? I would love to know! I love to hear how other Christan parents deal with discipline!