Friday, October 8, 2010

Have You Seen It?

My brain? I seem to have lost it. Keep your eyes peeled! It has to be around here somewhere!

Today I got gas in my van. I swiped the gift card (yes, I do buy the gift cards just to get the .03 cents off per gallon!) and it told me what my card balance was. Then, nothing. I figured it was done. I stood there for a second then got in my van to drive off. All of a sudden there was some lady knocking on my window. I felt like I was gonna throw up! She was very nice though. She said the machine just hadn't been working right and she needed to swipe it in the store.

I felt terrible that I almost stole that gas! I can see the headlines now "Mother of 2 arrested today for stealing gas in her mini van", oh dear! Needless to say, I did pay for the gas. I also apologized about 100 times. You would think I was having a terrible day! Oh how looks can be deceiving!

Sometimes you just don't have it together, no matter how good of a day it is. My kiddos have both been amazing today. I even got to take a shower, dry my hair and put on make up. Yep, a great day indeed! I have been hugged countless times, kissed repeatedly and gazed at with some sweet little eyes. My devotional was great, our morning Bible time was excellent and our play time has been so fun. I am so glad that our good days outweigh our bad. Hearing Jayce laughing and Lula Mae saying "I love you Mom" just make all the bad days drift far, far away. I have so much to be thankful for!

So, if you see my brain, tell it to come home!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

tehehehehe!!! I am giggling at that headline! Thanks for making me smile!

Brandi said...

Uh oh, I'm giggling too! If it makes you feel any better, I shoplifted a Sprite from Wal-Mart yesterday. I grabbed a Sprite while standing in the check out line and put it in the cup holder of the stroller and didn't realize what I had done until I got out to the car. AND, I didn't go back in and pay for it. *gasp*

Of course, last week I went to Wal-Mart and bought a few things, one of which was milk, and I got home to find out I paid for the milk, but somehow didn't get the bag with the milk in it. Of all the things I bought I only REALLY needed the milk. I guess we're even.

Rachel said...

Eek! I've had those days too - where I just assume something and then realize later that I totally goofed! At least you hadn't driven off! :)

Glad the rest of your day was great!

LaVonne said...

Good thing you did not drive off :)

There are many days when I wonder where my brain is too and I only have one child. I don't know what I will do when I have two. :)

Blessings!