Friday, October 7, 2011

Letters Of Intent


Today is FRIDAY!!! Are you excited? Well then you must not have a husband who will be at drill all weekend :-/ I'm glad the week is over, but I don't have much of a weekend to speak of. Can't complain though.... and if I did it wouldn't help anything. Julie is the host of this link up, but I am not sure if she will have any letters up today. I am linking up with her in spirit... until I notice if she has anything posted :-)



Dear Fall,

I don't say this often but.... you smell amazing!

Love,

Taking Deep Breaths

*************************************************************

Dear Onlookers,

I know my son shrieks at the top of his lungs at a pitch that can most accurately be described as "blood curtailing". Trust me, I know he sounds like an injured elephant. I hear it all.day.long.every.single.day.non.stop. I am aware that loud kids in a store is not fun for other shoppers but giving me and my kids dirty looks isn't going to change anything! Would you rather me stay locked in my house until he turns 7 or 8 years old? He is going to scream no matter where we are, no matter what we are doing, no matter what I do to try and stop him..... sorry. Keep your nasty looks, loud whispered comments, pointing and huffing and puffing to yourself! I am doing my best.

Sincerely,

"That" Mom Who Can't Stand Being Looked Down On

*************************************************************

Dear Christmas,

I see you trying to sneak up. You stay right there! Don't you move on step closer! Not yet! I want to enjoy fall before you come! I know the stores are already gearing up for you but I am not. You hold your horses.

Love,

The Girl Who Loves You But Doesn't Want To Miss Fall

3 comments:

LaVonne said...

I love fall too. The smells, the colors, the jeans and sweaters...

Oh, a screamer? You have the patience of a saint ;) I am thankful my Princess was never a screamer. I don't give parents dirty looks, in fact, most of the time, I don't even pay attention to screaming or crying. It is when it is your own kid that you notice it so much!

Enjoy your weekend!

LaVonne @ Long Wait For Isabella

Foursons said...

Awe, thanks for writing your letters even though I had not written mine yet!

I love fall too, I'm just waiting on the smell of it. It is still pretty hot down here.

Ignore all those people who give you nasty looks and whisper about you. Unless they have been in your shoes they need to move on. And if they have been in your shoes then I'm sure they understand. Hang in there.

Christmas has been on my mind lately simply because of the money I have to spend. But I'd like the stores to hold off on it for a little longer too. I was at Walmart this morning to buy a birthday present and the toy aisles were stuffed with stuff that I can only assume is for Christmas.

Thanks for linking up with me!

Unknown said...

Oh, I get those looks all the time too. I once had an old lady come up to me at a Goodwill and tell me to get out of there and what a bad mom I was because my daughter was throwing a fit over the toy we wouldn't let her git because of said fit. She told me her kids would never had done such a thing. All I could think about was, if you had such good and loving kids, then why are you shopping at Goodwill when your 110 years old? Mama bear came out bad. Some people.