Monday, February 1, 2010

One Month Has Passed....

Well, January has quickly past and February is here. How are you doing with your resolutions? Did you make realistic resolutions that you can stick with? I have decided that it is perfectly fine to change or add "new year" resolutions all year long! If you find something new that you need to focus on just add it to your list! On the first of every month I am going to look at my resolutions and see how I am doing. In the past I have just plain forgotten my resolutions by about March! Not this year! Well, these were my resolutions and how I think I am doing:

*Continue to build my Relationship with God and Jesus Christ
-I think I am doing pretty good on this one. I am actually reading the Bible every day and doing a devotional too. This has really helped me build my spiritual self bigger than I ever have before! I feel God working in my life EVERYDAY!

*Have patience with myself and my children everyday
-I just finished reading The Five Love Languages Of Children a few days ago and I have to say that if it weren't for this book I may not be doing as well with this resolution. I love my child with all of my heart and soul, but she can test my patience and does it often. I am learning to love her when she is the least lovable (I hope that sounds right...) When she is throwing those little toddler fits I fill her love tank instead of immediate trying to correct her behavior. Boy what a difference I have seen in her... and me.... and in our relationship! I am so glad I read this book! It's a really great read! I can tell that I am actually having more trouble with having patience with myself than with Lula Mae. It is going to take time and training for me to have patience with myself though, just because of my personality. I know it will be a long process and that is why I made it a resolution :-)

*Pay off Lula Mae and the credit card and continue to work for financial freedom
-I am THRILLED to say that by the end of February the two above mentioned debts will be PAID OFF thanks to taxes! I was planing and budgeting for these to be paid off by December, I never dreamed that they would be paid off by February! Praise God! He has really been providing for us these days, more than we ever asked for or expected! We are so blessed and so thankful! We will continue to focus on other debts now that these are out of the way!

*Find new ways to save money
-Well I am still searching. So far I have taken on making homemade laundry detergent (both powder and liquid) and it is a big money saver. I am going to continue to work on this one because I know I can be saving tons more money if I just look for the right tools and knowledge! Google here I come!

*Stick to the budget!!!
-In some of our categories on our budget we did great and came in under budget. But I cannot say that for all of them. We didn't do the best job, but we did a better job. As long as we are slowly improving I am happy. This is not one that will happen overnight either and Charlie and I are both aware of that.

*Be the best wife I can be for Charlie
-Ummm I guess you would have to ask him :-)

*Learn to let people help me
-Not really sure on this one. Probably not doing a great job, but I am trying. Hopefully by December I will be doing much better. Although, today Lula Mae stayed in the nursery at church for about 30 minuets.... that is a HUGE step for me. I never leave her! I think that should count for something!

*Take time out for me so I can be a better person
-This one has been hard since Charlie is at AT for 3 weeks. I am Mommy and Daddy 24/7 right now so there isn't too much time for me. I do spend time at night doing my Bible study and I think that is nice "me time". Once Charlie comes home I will start giving this one more focus and attention.

No comments: