Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Gift Of Pain

I never experienced any back pain with Lula Mae's pregnancy. I really think it was mainly because I didn't have a 21 pound toddler to care for while I was expecting Lula Mae. Well, about 2 days ago I over did it (yes I admit it, I way over did it) and I really hurt my back. Yesterday was a very tough day. I was having trouble moving, sitting, standing, laying.... anything. Worse, I was having trouble lifting my beautiful little girl. She wanted so desperately for me to get down on the floor with her to play, and I just could not. Needless to say it was a physically and emotionally hard day. Today was better. I was able to move! More importantly, I was able to lift Lula Mae and enjoy our playtime like normal! While I was snuggling her on the cough this evening as she talked to her Daddy on the phone I realized that God brought this pain to me for a very good reason. It forced me to slow down and enjoy the little things, some of which I have been praying for. I spent the whole day today enjoying my amazing daughter. Listening to all her words, seeing her excitement over the smallest things, soaking up all of the hugs and kisses she offered and watching her learn new things. I was enjoying everything about her! God blessed me with precious time with my daughter. Amazing to think that I needed the pain to bring me that gift. We all hear people say "God works in mysterious ways" and that is very true! I am going to slow down everyday and enjoy Lula Mae and my husband. In a few short months our son will be here and my time will be more limited. Our family is about to change and I don't want to look back and regret not spending those precious moments with Lula Mae and Charlie. God gives me more than I could have ever imagined! How can I not praise Him for this pain!?!

Thank you God for these two amazing people! They bring such joy to my life!

No comments: