Thursday, February 11, 2010

Diaper And Wipe Case

Yesterday I felt the urge to get crafty. I love to sew! It is so nice to take a piece of nothing (fabric) and turn it into something! I have always wanted one of those diaper and wipe pouches for the diaper bag, but couldn't get myself to spend the money for one. So I finally made one. I made mine much larger than the ones that they sell (I wanted to be able to fit more than just one diaper and some wipes in it!) plus I added a handle so it can be hung in a public restroom. I like the idea of being able to put all of Lula Mae's bathroom necessities in this and grab it out of the diaper bag to take her to be changed, instead of lugging the entire diaper bag in there and having no where to put it! Plus Lula Mae won't need a diaper bag much longer, but Jayce will. I wanted to be able to put Lula Mae's things in the diaper bag too without things getting messy and cluttered. I have to say that I love to sew, but I am not very good. I would never try to sell this to someone because there are several obvious flaws. I have to admit that when I sew I don't use patterns. I cut out my pieces and figure out how to make it on my own. I like it that way. It is like a puzzle and works my brain. Anyway, enough about all of that! Here are some pictures of my finished product. I thought it turned out pretty good!






Total cost of my project: $7.32
Price of a diaper and wipe case on ebay: $19.99 plus $4.00 S&H

I saved $16.67! Take that ebay :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such beautiful fabric, where are you buying them from? I love to sew also and i can never find great fabrics at a good price!

Amy said...

I actually got that fabric at Hancock here in Greenwood. It was more than I would usually pay for fabric, but since I only needed one yard I got it. You really have to just search for cheap fabric... which is quite difficult!!! Every once and a while though they put really cute stuff on a great sale!