Sunday, April 17, 2011

Lula Mae's Acting Debut

The children at our church put on an Easter play this morning for the congregation. It was so cute and they all did a great job! The two younger classes (2 year old class and 3 and 4 year old class) had a little line they were each to present right before the play began. Lula Mae has been memorizing scripture for almost a year now so we just assumed she would be fine. She had her line memorized really quick and loved practicing her "part in the play". She would scream it at the top of her lungs and tell us that she was going to get on stage just like Pastor David and Mr. Jay. We were thinking she was really excited and was going to do great. Before we left for church I grabbed the video camera and had Lula Mae practice one more time.





Then we got to church.

Then she saw all the people in the church.

Then she told her Daddy and I that she didn't want to be in the play and that she just wanted to go to her class.

Could our vibrant, smart, strong willed child really have stage fright? The child who loves to be the center of attention has butterflies in her tummy?

So naturally.... we bribed her with ice cream after lunch if she just went up and said her line. She began to see it our way and said that she would go up and participate. And then the moment came.....




Yep that is her... trembling and clinging to Aunt Heather.

Kids. When you want them to talk, they freeze. When you want them to zip it, their mouths run at a constant pace.

Dearest daughter, acting may not be your calling.

I love you, you little stinker!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh no! Poor kiddo, I don't blame her one bit! Maybe the lights got to her? Or her adoring throngs? Glad she had Aunt Heather up there with her :)

Unknown said...

Aww...that is precious! All of ours got stage fright the first few times - Kat even ran off crying once. It's rough, being paraded in front of the church!

Unknown said...

I worked hard on my line.

Unknown said...

Poor thing - I do not blame her. I get a little nervous when I have to speak in front of people. However, I have no problem singing in front of a crowd. Give her a big kiss from Aunt Rebecca, Uncle Michael, and Justin!

Kim Scott Harrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Scott Harrell said...

All i can say is PRECIOUS! I knew it might be doomed for her to speak out loud when on the way up the stairs to the stage, I heard her say to Aunt Heather, "I want my mommy." It just made me smile. : )

Emmy said...

She is so cute! And yes stage freight is a real thing :)