Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Past Two Years

A Picture Walk Down Memory Lane

Leaving for the hospital!



She is here! How beautiful!



One month old!
Still so tiny!






Five months old! Chubby little cheeks!





Nine months old! Finally wearing bows!




One year old! Celebrating your first birthday at Magic Kingdom! You had just met Mickey Mouse for the first time and were so happy!




15 months old! Always smiling and laughing!


16 months old! Finally starting to walk! This is on the trip to Disney World that we found out we were expecting Jayce!


21 months old! Looking so much like your Daddy!

I have been a Mommy for two years. I am so honored to be Lula Mae's Mommy. She is an amazing daughter and I don't know what my husband and I would do without her! Since Lula Mae has turned 2 I can't stop thinking about how much she has changed from 1 to 2. I mean, she changed tons in her first year of life, but the second seems almost monumental! So many milestones have come and gone. My little baby with chubby little cheeks is now a toddler, looking more and more like a little kid everyday. She is such a funny kid with a bubbly personality! Charlie and I have known since Lula Mae was only a few months old that she was going to be a funny, silly enthusiastic kid... and boy were we right! She is a nut, just ask anyone who has ever met her! She is super smart too! She blows my mind on a daily basis with all the things she knows and can do. One thing is for sure, when she is having a good day (which is most days) they are REALLY good, but if she is having a bad day it is REALLY bad. High highs and low lows! There is no in between with that little girl! She is such a free spirited child and a stranger to no one. She has no fear, which makes my heart worry from time to time. She is such a loving little girl too. God is going to do something big with her life, I just know it. He is going to use her for something amazing. I have enjoyed seeing God work on her these past 2 years and I can't wait to see what the years to come have in store. I love Lula Mae more than words can say! The day she was born she changed my life. God gave her to Charlie and I for a reason. I pray that Lula Mae (and all my children for that matter) will know God from day 1 instead of day 8,030... Yes, I was 22 years old before I truly knew God. But that is a post all its own, this one is for Lula Mae!

Llewellyn Marie Bell
May 14, 2008

You love.... animals, reading, dresses, shoes, Daddy, baths, family time, balloons, movies, Mickey Mouse, your routine, Jayce, Uncle Buck's train, being outside, pajamas, talking, Eric, the doctor, being independent, your bed, sleeping, your monkey blanket... this list could get pretty lengthy!!!

You hate.... BIRDS, having a pony tail taken out, having to say goodbye, being told "no", meat of any kind, when Daddy goes to work, having your ears cleaned out, having your fingernails cut.

You learned.... how to walk, how to talk, how to read over 100 words, your colors, your shapes, your numbers, to recognize the alphabet, how to run, how to climb, how dance, to read sentences, to eat with a spoon and fork.... this list could go on and on and on!!!!

Such a sassy, sweet, vibrant little 2 year old! I can't believe we have a 2 year old! Feels like just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. Lula Mae, you are amazing and I love you so very much! This year was fun, and I'm sure the next year to come will be too! I pray for you everyday. I pray that you will love God with all your heart, that you will stay pure, that you will know Jesus Christ as your savior, that you will love others the way God loves you. I pray many other things for you my sweet little girl. You make me so proud and so grateful. I love you. This post is a little late... but better late than never, right?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Amy this is precious! What a beautiful story...I know Lula Mae will treasure it. :-)