Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Welcome Back To The Real World

Where there isn't always happy Disney music playing in the background and the bathrooms are not magically cleaned and kept clean all day long. Disney is my happy place. I can't explain how carefree I feel when I am there. Not that I don't love reality, don't get me wrong, but there is something wonderful about vacationing at Disney. Reality is just harder.

Reality is a toddler screaming and disobeying, a baby repeatedly throwing major fits over virtually nothing, a kitchen that needs to be cleaned, a trash can that seems to always need to be emptied.... and the list goes on and on. Even though life is chaotic I am grateful for every chore, every task, every mommy duty that arises. God has me here, in this place with these jobs for a very good reason. He is bigger than all of this and I trust Him wholeheartedly.

Leaving for our first vacation away from the kids was tough. I felt anxious and emotional. I felt like I was not going to have a good time at all. As we drove off I prayed and prayed and prayed, and as the miles went by, I felt more relaxed and ready to enjoy my time away from the kids. I knew that my husband and I needed to spend some time alone together and get reconnected. We both know that distance makes the heart grow stronger, two deployments will prove that point.

Our vacation was great. We had great weather and so much fun! It felt like we were on our honeymoon again, it was very nice. As much fun as we had, we both missed our little ones. The quiet was nice, but very foreign to us. Coming home we both felt very refreshed. I won't lie... I can see an annual trip together :-)

Now we are back to the real world. Enjoying the noise, duties and chaos that is our real world.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Yea!! Glad you had a great time!! So happy for you. And yea, sometimes reality isn't as much fun

Tara G. said...

I was in tears when we let our oldest go to a slumber party this last weekend! (it was not her first!) It's hard to let them out of your presence- totally normal and also very good for all of us!