Saturday, August 25, 2012

Houston, We Have A Problem....

Today is day 46 in our surrogacy journey, and we are closing in on the big day! 

So, yesterday was day one of the progesterone shots. My hubster was trained to be a combat lifesaver so I was counting on him to help me out with these big shots.

I had him watch the little video on it just to be sure he was ready.

Then his face turned white and he said "his fingers went numb". Then he appologized and said there was no way he could give these shots to me. Did I mention he hates needles???? Soooooo, with him out of the running I told myself I would have to do them. No big deal, I have been doing the other shots no problem. So I got the shots ready, cleaned the area.... and sat there.... and sat there.... and sat there! Just holding the shot, every now and then pulling back as though I was about to dart it into my thigh.

This little dance went on for half and hour before I convinced myself there was no way I could do it. So I called my mom and had her come over and give it to me. She has been giving herself B-12 shots for a while so I trusted she knew what she was doing.

 Getting the shot was nothing. The anticipation of giving it to myself was what killed me. I just could not do it. I am lucky that my mom lives about a mile from my house and can just stop by each morning and help me. 

I know, you are all thinking "what is the big deal?".......


The needle on the left is the one I have been doing in my belly for a while now... the one on the RIGHT is the progesterone.... ain't gonna happen! 


And to add to the fun I have now started having to take lots of medication. Since my mind is kinda slow these days I have made myself notes of when to take each one.

We are now 4 days away from the big day! 4 DAYS!!!! I cannot believe that we are almost there. Now the biggest anxiety I have is about the thawing of the babies. It is such a delicate process and I am just praying and praying that God allows them to survive! I want so badly for this to work, so badly that my soul aches at the thought of a bad outcome.

There is no turning back now! Are you as excited as I am????? On Tuesday would you all please pray for the first baby to thaw perfectly. Then on Wednesday just pray that all goes smooth and that God's will is done!

1 comment: