Monday, April 23, 2012

Dibs

We all did it as kids.... and even as teens.... and lets not fool ourselves, we still do it as adults.... 

"I got dibs!"

Now I am not sure if it is okay to call dibs when you are referring to holding a new little life, but I am just covering my bases here seeing as Heather is 36 weeks and 3 days now. Meaning, that baby could come literally anytime! Therefore, I am publicly declaring dibs.



People, dibs is legally binding, just like eni-meni-miny-mo and paper-rock-scissors. Just saying. 

I can't wait to hold this little miracle in my arms for the first time! I am sure there will be tears, and I despise crying in front of people, but just this once I will not care. Not one bit. The anticipation is so intense!!! 

FYI- no that is not Heather's mom. This is our pastors wife. They just happen to look just alike. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You need HELP!

But you're pretty great. And if you cry when you hold her I might lose it, so don't do that!

Emmy said...

Yep dibs is still totally valid! And hi! Sorry I haven't been around much

Rachel said...

I'm just going to enjoy y'all vicariously because I'll be one snot-nosed mess when that little miracle gets here :)

Unknown said...

Ok. So not fair! The only reason I'm not fighting you tooth and nail is because I can't. Poo...

And, like Rach, I'm sure I will be a mess of snot and tears when the precious miracle arrives.