Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Two Week Wait

Here we are again.

14 days of waiting.

14 days of wondering.

14 days of going back and forth between excited and nervous.

It feels different this time around. It is probably because it is Christmas time, but this two week wait is going by faster. So much faster.

One week from today I have my blood test.

Halfway through the waiting, wondering, nervous feelings.

We are also halfway through the feeling of knowing the baby is safe and sound. Right now we just know Hummingbird is in there. Thats it. I like that feeling. I like the PUPO stage. I am not sure I am ready for that to end.

I am trying to use this two weeks that God has given me as a time to "be still". I need to rest and relax, but I also just want to hear from God. It is the perfect opportunity to just sit in His presence and know that He is God. In this world it is hard to be still, and I am enjoying these moments.



Dear Hummingbird,

Are you okay in there? I guess we will see in a week, huh? Settle in for me please. Get nice and snug and cozy. Be patient with me and lets get through this next week together, okay? We can do this! So many people are praying for you and love you. They all really, really want you to stick around for a while. There is a lot of pressure on you and me Hummingbird, even if it is unintentional. Don't let it stress you out, just take it one day at a time. God's plan is perfect and know that you can trust Him no matter what.

Love,

Your Babysitter  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

So... HOW EXCITING to get such WONDERFUL news!!!! :) And yes, I am so very behind on blogging... life has been kicking my behind lately, ha!