Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Nursery For Two!

Well, the nursery is done! And I was right... I was quite sad seeing Lula Mae's pink painted over. All for a good reason though... a new life! I am thrilled with how the nursery turned out! It really is better than I pictured in my mind when I dreamed it up. Lula Mae loves the fact that Jayce's name is on her wall.... not that she understands that it means he will be sharing her room, but at least she is excited about it, right? The pictures do not do it justice! Check out the new nursery!

And the work begins!
Goodbye pink walls :-(
Jayce's Side
Lula Mae's Side

Split down the middle!
Joshua 1:9 is above the changing table
Like I said, the pictures just don't do the room justice! It is beautiful! Painting the frames about the kids cribs were so much harder than I expected! I am so glad they turned out as good as they did because when I first started them they looked terrible! The valance above the window I made. I went out and got some cheap white fabric and ribbon and sewed it up in about 30 minuets. I was not going to spend $20.00 on a white valance when I could make one for $5.00! It is one of my favorite pieces in the nursery I think! I also ordered those space saving hangers for the closet off of ebay for $5.00 shipped. They have really tripled the closet space! They are great! We have very small closets so any help in that area is fantastic! I can't wait to see how the room functions for 2! Jayce will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

Regina said...

Way to go girl!!!!! It is absolutely stunning. I love the gray!!

Unknown said...

Turned out beautiful.
My favorite is the bible verse though ;)

Sarah said...

I love this! You did a great job and it looks so classy. Love the Bible verse!