Sunday, May 5, 2013

My Boy Is Three

Somehow it just does not seem possible that my little guy is three years old today. Where has time gone? This kid has taught us so much, and brings so much excitement to our lives! God really knew what He was doing bringing him into our lives three years ago. As soon as I saw him he seemed so small, even though he was bigger than his sister at birth. I have not stopped feeling that way yet. He is my tiny little man, but his spirit is enormous!


 My oh my, how he has changed.... and yet he is still my tiny little guy! His allergies are still a struggle and his skin has more bad days than good, but he is making improvements and that is wonderful! He is learning how to deal with a lot of these issues too, and that is making it easier on us. He is able to tell us when he needs medicine and things like that. Here are a few stats about Jayce...

Height: 34 inches
Weight: 25.6 lbs 
Favorite foods: bananas, cheese, avocados and anything sweet! 
Favorite books: The Bible, Berenstain Bears books, David and Goliath, Goodnight Moon... and lots more! He is quite a book lover now! 
Favorite toys: His drums (he is a natural people!) cars and trucks, rocks and his "sling" (to play David and Goliath of course) dice, Roger (his space ship... that he named Roger) 
Favorite color: blue and green (he only tells me 800 times a day.... so yeah, I'm sure about this one!) 

He loves to wear his pajamas... and chance he gets he asks to put them back on. 
He loves to watch his David and Goliath DVD.... he would watch it over and over if we let him. 
He loves to sing, mostly worship songs. He sings almost all day long, non stop. He is mu musical child for sure! 
He gets his feelings hurt very easily and wears his heart on his sleeve. He is a sensitive little man!
He still has deep eyes, like those of an old man who has seen so much. 
He adores his big sister and always wants to spend more time with her than she does with him. 
He looks up to his Daddy and loves him so much! 
He loves to be outside. 
He is very serious.... but when he is in a silly mood, his laugh and smile are precious! 
He is not a fan of yucky smells.... the chickens and the farm were a no-go in his book. 
He loves to come up and just give you a big hug and say he loves you. 

He is amazing and I just love him so much! I look back at how tough things have been with him, and yet I still fill with joy thinking about it all. God made him PERFECTLY and I am focusing on seeing my kids through His eyes, not mine. I am excited to see Jayce grow and learn more about the Lord. I know God has a great plan for his life! I don't know why God picked me to be the Mommy of this amazing little guy, but I sure am thankful! 

Happy birthday sweet Jayce! You are three, can you believe it? I wonder what adventures this next year has in store for you? 




No comments: